post Mar 20 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 768
Alliance: Forgotten
Favorite game: Tiberium Wars

Well, since I was apparently one of the first people here to buy this, I figured I'd give my impressions of it.

Graphics: Honestly, the industry standard is well past where the graphics for Tiberium Twilight are floating by, the game is pretty, but its a very flashy colors cartoony pretty. Contrasted with a lot of the other games out right now, this seems like a bit of a throwback from the gritty realism of the new millennium to the brightly colored units of the early 90's. I'm honestly not sure whether thats good or bad and I think really depends on what you want in a game's graphics.

Story: I haven't finished it yet, but what I have done has been thoroughly enjoyable, and fully of interesting twists, it seems short at first, but honestly, I was in such a hurry to get to the end, I really didn't notice too terribly much. I've been playing for most of the afternoon an a mad zerg rush to see where the story goes, and I still haven't finished, yes, there aren't a lot of missions, but the missions are all long enough to make up for it. So far the story seems good, and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Gameplay: This is the thing I feel the most people will take issue with, yes, its different. But its not a bad different. With Tiberium Wars, we saw what boiled down to bad more of the same, IE: spam unit tye A, base rush opponent B. Yes, there is a pop cap in Twilight, and yes, it does prevent you from building an army of ridiculous proportions, but it is done in such a way that its still fun. I've really had a lot of fun with this game, and yes, its different, but after what, 15 years, you think its gonna be exactly the same? TD and TS were great games, but they were in the past, and by now, you can get identical gameplay in almost every generic RTS out there on the market, it was a tired and worn out set of mechanics, and forcing a game to keep running by those mechanics instead of trying something new is basically dooming it to be nothing but a cult classic that is played by the previous generations because it 'reminds them of the good old days.' Tiberium Twilight is fun, the gameplay is interesting, and forces you to fairly carefully plan your tactics, its much more tactical then previous games, and seems to be much more balanced.

Music: The music, this is something I noticed as soon as the first real campaign mission started, the music is epic, thats all I can really describe it as, and it backlights the game brilliantly.

So thats that, yeah its different, but if you judge it on its own instead of 'how close it is to the last games' then you'll probably have a lot of fun with it.

--------------------
Join My forum (please??)
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Team Black
post Mar 20 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #2

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Wow, I didn't know twilight was already out.. Thanks for the review, Lights

--------------------

Devastator
post Mar 20 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #3

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,799
Alliance: GDI

I'd be thinking the music would be good.

@TeamBlack:You haven't been to Command & Conquer.com cus they had a big countdown. Though some say it was wrong.
According to the site it came out March 16th.

--------------------

The DvD
post Mar 21 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #4

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2
Alliance: Nod

My main concern is actually about the online multiplayer. Since that's what I would be spending most of my time with. So far the reports are not very positive..

--------------------
Please contact me on msn if you need me for anything, thanks.

jadems
post Mar 21 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #5

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 929
Alliance: Nod

lol, naw, that was the TW players bagging it.
And the Tiberium fans angry at the story end.

I'm thinking that EA will keep running TW, RA3 as well as TT so they can have every RTS player out there.
I mean, what other RTS combination is out there that EA doesn't cater to? XD

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:20 PM

XGhozt.com