post Oct 31 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Commando
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,799
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

@Ixith:Like I said, I've been messing around with Singeplayer maps but I'm doing alright.

Problem #1:I created a taskforce of a Tick Tank off the map that attacks your base when you enter the cell tag. The trigger has Event 0 as "Entered By" and Action 0 as "Create Team" which is Tick Tank Team.

When my unit enters the celltag, one of two things happen.

1) Since it is barely off the map, I just have to go to the edge within it's guard range so it enters the map. Meaning either the trigger or the script is broken.

2) The game freezes.

Help me out with this. Note that I made this with my mod so if you see anything that says MISSING in FinalSun, ignore it.
Do not test the map or you will be sorry. (You'll get an Internal Error)

Problem #2:For the tutorial.ini I created some text lines but they had no effect with Action 11 Text Trigger.

Help me out with this.
Also, could I get some pointers on how to improve this map?

EDIT:The file isn't working now.

This post has been edited by Devastator: Nov 2 2010, 01:02 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Ixith
post Oct 31 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #2

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod

QUOTE (Devastator @ Oct 31 2010, 03:45 PM) *
Problem #1:I created a taskforce of a Tick Tank off the map that attacks your base when you enter the cell tag. The trigger has Event 0 as "Entered By" and Action 0 as "Create Team" which is Tick Tank Team.
When my unit enters the celltag, one of two things happen.
1) Since it is barely off the map, I just have to go to the edge within it's guard range so it enters the map. Meaning either the trigger or the script is broken.
2) The game freezes.

Problem #2:For the tutorial.ini I created some text lines but they had no effect with Action 11 Text Trigger.

I don't have too much time as of now, however, i can tell you that you're problem should be in the fact that you didn't attach the tick triggers to the tick tanks. Thus the trigger fires but isn't exactly sure which tick tank to create the teams with. So go to those tick tanks, double click on them and where it says Attached Tag find the trigger in the drop down area and thus attach it to the vehicle.
With the Create Team action you must tag the things you wish to be created in that team. Otherwise it kinda searches and may confuse the game thus sometimes resulting in the freezing.

As for the text thing....it looks like it should work. However, this may be an issue where the FSData.ini needs updated to the one that TitanMarkII uploaded somewhere as I believe the text trigger is semi-messed up on the normal FSData.ini that comes with finalsun. (as well as a few other actions for triggers)

as for pointers for the map that will have to wait until i have more time...although...creating your own map instead of using the Riot map from the GDI Firestorm missions would help...as otherwise it's just a critique on your triggers and gameplay...but if it uses anything from your mod then i won't be playing it anytime soon probably and thus can only speculate on what the gameplay would be like based on triggers...

--------------------

Devastator
post Oct 31 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #3

Commando
Group Icon

The first problem is fixed.

The second problem cannot be fixed yet because I need a link to the FSData.ini you were talking about.

I used the riot map right now because I'm just trying to create a working mission at the moment. The win and lose triggers work however.

--------------------

Devastator
post Nov 1 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #4

Commando
Group Icon

Can someone explain to me how Attached Triggers work exactly?

Is it like this?
Attached Image

If a trigger chooses an attached trigger, does that mean when the trigger happens, it will activate the attached trigger? (I really don't know how to explain this)

This post has been edited by Devastator: Nov 1 2010, 07:15 PM

--------------------

Team Black
post Nov 2 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #5

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123

I believe it's the other way around; the original trigger "attached trigger" is left blank. the second trigger has the first trigger in the "attached trigger" box

if you need an actual reference, I know for a fact there is "attached trigger" trigger in the GDI UFO mission where you have to capture the tech center - There is a trigger that makes you lose if it is destroyed, and attached to that is a trigger that makes you win if you capture it.

Double click on the tech center in FinalSun and you'll see it has an attached trigger. then there is another trigger attached to this trigger, since you can't attach more than 1 trigger to any given object.

The way I learned triggers -- especially trains -- is by looking at a map that I've seen a similar trigger being used.
They are a pain to learn, but golly once you learn them you can do all sorts of cool stuff smile.gif

--------------------

Devastator
post Nov 2 2010, 01:05 AM
Post #6

Commando
Group Icon

Thank you Team Black. I look at the GCC 2008 maps for references on triggers. If it wasn't for Dutchy's map, I wouldn't have been able to make the MCV move onto the map at the start.

Betrayal and Red Death Unchained- Taskforces, Scripts and Teamtypes.

Tactical Training- Advanced Methods like trains.

This post has been edited by Devastator: Nov 3 2010, 12:02 AM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:56 AM

XGhozt.com