> Alien Units
deltapilot
post May 4 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #1

Grenadier
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,005

Hello everyone! i think this is my first post. I have been playing TS for about 10 years and started modding about 2 years ago. I have decided to make a campaign extension mod including videos and a (hopefully) well written and long story line. However i am pretty terrible at drawing SHPs and voxels. So if anyone would mind i need some alien looking units and buildings i dont mind what they are i will build the mod around them.

Thanks

Chris

PS i dont know whether this is the right area to post this so move it if its wrong..

This post has been edited by deltapilot: May 4 2011, 05:32 PM

--------------------
You know they say the elephant never forgets, i forgot what the elephant remembered......
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Team Black
post May 4 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

welcome to tibweb! sounds like you have a plan, but it'll be difficult for people to want to join you until you show of some promising stuff first.

Modding takes time and effort, and to get members on your modding team, you've got to convince them that the effort will be worth it. Until then I'd suggest using public shps and voxels that have already been made while you're getting your stuff together. Good luck!

--------------------

deltapilot
post May 5 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #3

Grenadier
Group Icon

Thanks for the reply i already have the basics put together but with some random voxels and .shp's as the aliens i will make a trailer which will have in game and cutscene footage to set the scene and maybe a unit list with descriptions and background info and an intro to the storyline. One question is it possible to have different con yard images for different sides? as it would be a bit weird having a normal conyard as the alien one lol

--------------------
You know they say the elephant never forgets, i forgot what the elephant remembered......

Team Black
post May 5 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #4

Core Defender
Group Icon

We've been trying to figure that one out for ages. The only way to do it so far makes it possible for player vs player, but the AI won't be able to build their base

--------------------

deltapilot
post May 6 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #5

Grenadier
Group Icon

ah well i guess because the mod is mainly a campaign mod i could make the regular conyard look like an alien one and then just have the player start with a clone that looks like the original but multiplayer would be a problem...

--------------------

Team Black
post May 8 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #6

Core Defender
Group Icon

yeah SP you could probably pull it off. MP you'd ahve to go along with the old style, I don't think anyone would mind

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 AM

XGhozt.com