post Oct 1 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Cyborg
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 97
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Dawn

It's finally here... more than 2 years after the release of patch 1.06b, and almost a year after its last update revision.

Command & Conquer '95 v1.06c (revision 1)

The patch focuses mainly on expanding mission making and modding. Besides that, there are of course actual game fixes too though:
  • The messed up colours problem on Windows Vista and Windows 7 has been fixed, by putting the game in DirextX compatibility mode.
  • The problematic Funpark mode has been removed, and, using the new mission making functions, the dinosaur missions have been added into the New Missions menu as two campaign launcher items, one for GDI and one for Nod.
  • Using the arrow keys on the main menu now lets you go through the options in the right order.
  • The damage percentage calculated on armour is no longer 255/256 when it should be 100%
  • The firing sound of the SAM site has been fixed.
  • The computer opponent can no longer capture your Advanced Communications Center.

There's a LOT more where that came from though. A quick overview of the new mission making and modding features:
  • New mission options allow changing house colours, making a building type (un)capturable in just one mission, changing the sidebar logo, unlocking the multiplayer-only units, and a lot more.
  • The number of missions in the New Missions menu has been expanded from 79 items per side to 979 items per side (20-999).
  • The New Missions Menu now has a system to add multiple missions as one menu item, to be played as campaign.
  • The number of multiplayer maps has been expanded from 99 to 256.
  • An entire dynamic language changing system allows adding new languages to the game.
  • A new modding system allows mods to be launched by the game. This means a mod's files put in the game folder will not affect the game unless the game is specifically launched to use them.
  • As a start of the implementation of an ini-rules system, all music settings are now 100% ini-based.

As showcase of the new modding system, I'm rereleasing my C&C Meets Star Wars mod. For those who haven't seen it before, this mod does not change gameplay in any way; it just replaces all graphics and sounds in the game to become Star Wars themed. It also contains an entire playlist of Star Wars themed music.

The patch, its language packs, and the C&C2SW mod, can all be found here:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

Note that there is no full game download for 1.06c yet. It is of course perfectly possible to patch the full game install of 1.06b revision 2, which is still available on the site.

At this moment, the French and German game readmes are not yet available. They will be added later though.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Oct 1 2010, 10:17 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Rampastring
post Oct 1 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

You might want to fix the typo in the topic's name ("C&C95 v1.06b released!") wink1.gif

Nice work. Now if I'd just have some free time to complete the special N64 missions..

--------------------

Nyerguds
post Oct 1 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #3

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 97
Favorite game: Tiberian Dawn

lol, bloody hell, I keep doing that...

Anyway, I'm releasing revision 1, since I screwed up a bit with the first release.

This post has been edited by Nyerguds: Oct 1 2010, 10:17 PM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:36 PM

XGhozt.com