Post #1

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 314
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Heartless: A remake of the Red Alert 2 map: Heartland

(Click image to view map in actual size)

Map made by Aro!

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Daroach
post Feb 12 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #2

Hum-vee
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,711
Alliance: Scrin

This map looks fantastic. I realy like what you've done here.

Only thing is I would put in a extra tib pach because 2 per player would not go far with a whole industry going! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Projects: Power & Ponies {Name Wip}, C&C Tiberian Sun: Setting, C&C: Europian Rampage [Generals mod] (Fomerly C&C Red Alert for RA2)
Formaly known as: Cat-a-strobic-Dj. Sometimes known as: Plasterat (PSN, Xfire, online)
Worker on:C&C: TS: Best of Beta

Nod Strike
post Feb 12 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #3

Hover MLRS
Group Icon

Member No.: 297

Those farms in the middle look kinda, uh, not real?

--------------------

Rampastring
post Feb 12 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957

Looks good, although I agree with Nod Strike about the farms.

--------------------

Ixith
post Feb 12 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #5

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

i'd have to say that the farm rows of trees don't look TOO awfully bad when you're done there at them...but just looking at the small version of the Mega-preview they are a bit of an eye-sore. I think the best thing to do would be to make some 'fruit' type trees...rather than just use any random tree kind as most of those trees don't look like they would bear any kind of fruit or anything worth eating and thus would never be planted in such a fine row set like that or be on a farm. Personally i'd prefer to see Cherry Trees or something of that like...it'd add a bit of color if done well and it'd add another style of tree. (provided if you did do cherry trees in bloom it'd be kind of like WTF in the TS environment as you will see down there with the pic i provided. lol)

this is the best example of a Cherry Orchard I could find...not what i was wanting as it doesn't show the perspective side like it would be shown in TS. And If I could go up to where my relatives live in Michigan and it was around the spring time then I could get some awesome pictures to show for this but that isn't happening...

but as you can see the trees are smaller than normal trees and kind of bush out more when it starts hitting the limbs which is more typical of most fruit trees that are farmed. I think if you made about 5-8 different 'fruit' trees and varied them in those lots every so often then it should look better. But again...it doesn't look too awful bad unless you're looking at the sized down mega preview.

also just figured i'd point out that...you have some tiberium like right on the edge of the greener more lush grass and i think in one spot actually on it. And you know that just can't happen! So fix it. XD lol.gif sorry had to bring that up for some unknown reason.

--------------------

Aro
post Feb 13 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #6

Cyborg Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 314

also just figured i'd point out that...you have some tiberium like right on the edge of the greener more lush grass and i think in one spot actually on it. And you know that just can't happen! So fix it. XD

Crash? Is that you? tongue.gif

I know the trees are repetitive on the crops by the way, but that's how it was in Heartland. I may change it or I may not, but on the actual size preview (and in-game) it doesn't look bad at all compared to how it does on the mini preview, not to mention they'll be burned down in no time.

Thanks for that image by the way.

--------------------
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro is OP." - TiberianFuture
"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:40 PM

XGhozt.com