> FS Paradise lost [2-4], Releasing my 3rd map
Dudeinabox
post Apr 3 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #1

Disc Thrower
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,021

Hey guys, well I finished about a month ago and filefront eventually uploaded it...it's a 4 player free for all map, with lots of civilian activity including evacuations and moving vehicles here and there.

(more pics included in download)

Comments and criticism welcome as always!

-DIAB

Filefront link: Filefront - paradise lost

This post has been edited by Team Black: Apr 4 2008, 01:10 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  paradise_lost_24.zip ( 1.74MB ) Number of downloads: 235

Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
ORCACommander
post Apr 3 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #2

SSM Launcher
Group Icon

Member No.: 14
Alliance: GDI
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

why not upload it here?

--------------------

Dudeinabox
post Apr 3 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Disc Thrower
Group Icon

QUOTE (BloodReign @ Apr 3 2008, 06:40 PM) *
why not upload it here?

Because my computer doesn't let me upload anything over about 10KB, don't quite know the limit but it's small that's for sure, nonetheless it's there for you to download...I think it's my best map so far so give it a try.

Ixith
post Apr 3 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod

QUOTE (Dudeinabox @ Apr 3 2008, 05:39 PM) *
I think it's my best map so far so give it a try.

I must agree!

played and checked it out via finalsun awhile back when you sent me it.

Detail: 7.5/10 Nice but coulda have been a bit better. A nice little eye candy piece that I like to do on mutated maps is to add tiberium directly next to the mold of its color. I already told you this on MSN awhile ago I believe. Another complaint over detail is also something I'v told you...and that is the water doesn't follow natural physics. XD

Layout:8.5/10 Very nice and interesting layout IMO. I will re-look on what you could do better for next time soon.

Lighting: 8.5/10 At first while ingame I thought the starting areas lighting was gonna be too red...but it balanced out quite nicely I think in the end. It seemed fairly nice. Though day/night loops is needed. wink1.gif

Triggers: 8/10 Very nice use of some triggers. Civi Evac nice...except the fact that they continued to show up even after the building was destroyed. lol.gif Also the few cargo trucks were nice to see to. Coulda seen a bit more with some things. Also Day/night loop needed to improve this and lighting score.

Gameplay: 8/10 Gameplay was nice. The AI did manage to use more than 1 route to get to me though it didn't change much in the end as they all ended up dead tongue.gif I liked exploring the areas a lot. I think you coulda made that little area with the Armory up top in the middle do something. Like maybe add in a special trigger and have the armory capturable. Of course you woulda had to make a few more areas with things like that to make it fair then of course.

Over All: 8.1 a very nice map really. Just don't EVER make water that goes up hill again! rolleyes.gif

Also...I think this map qualifies for a spotlight! It is quite obvious to me that time and effort was put into the map. The map shows good knowledge of all areas of mapping to. It was also an interesting play.

Great Job DiaB and keep it up! Hoping to see another from you in awhile.

--------------------

Team Black
post Apr 4 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #5

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI

I very much liked this map - Equal player locations in equal locations - a map meant for online play, not just for boring skirmish.

Everything is good on this map, though myself I didn't like the use of the red lighting, as it didn't transition well into the green or blue lighting from the tiberium stuff. (green and magenta are opposites in the computer color wheel)

I personally like yellowish lighting for mutated zones, as it gives a good feeling of decay, and transitions well into tiberium green. Then in cities, use blue light posts, and it counters the yellow and makes a more "healthy" looking color.

--------------------

Dudeinabox
post Apr 4 2008, 06:41 AM
Post #6

Disc Thrower
Group Icon

Thanks for the comments I think I just to brush up on my lighting for next map then and remember to place tibeirum next to the mold and crystal tiles.

Oh and yay for the spotlight!

On the subject of day night loops, I know how to set one up, it just never seems to work and looking at other peoples day/night loop some of the actions in the triggers seem to just have a bunch of random numbers for the parameter...anything specific entered here or are they random?

This post has been edited by Dudeinabox: Apr 4 2008, 06:43 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 PM

XGhozt.com