post Jul 13 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Well its about time I release this map. Note that this is version 1. See below for more info on the version thing.

Map Info:
Name: Yelcraz Island
Map Maker: Ixith
Map Size: 135X135
Players: 2-3
Theatre: Temperate, Massive Island
Info: This 3 player map features a quick and stragetic start. Each player has sufficient build space and tiberium to use however they are also fairly close to the other players. The map may seem smaller than the preview initially...I suggest scouting around to find something that may...increase your enjoyment of battle and options of tactics. wink1.gif XD
This is my 22nd completed map. So enjoy it. wink1.gif

This is version 1 of most likely 2. Reason for there to be 2 versions:
-I wanted to get this out soon.
So what will be added into version 2:
-More lighting areas such as around VHM spots
-More Extras (yes there are extras and fun things in this map....though not really with triggers anymore/yet)
-Fixing up of certain triggers and lighting. (namely the ion storm lighting.....as the ion storm seems WAY to bright as of right now. It seems its because of the alpha light posts...this WILL be fixed in the next version)

Story: The sector in which Yelcraz Island lays is covered in many resort towns where many families go to vacation. Lately due to weather changes many meteors have made their way in the area around Yelcraz Island and powerful ion storms have also started appearing. However, the locals have some how managed to stop the ion storms lately. They say its their prayers to God at their churches.

Pics: (pics were taken while playing TS: Squared)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

and......now for the greatness....A MEGAMAP PREVIEW!! XD All credit for this megamap preview goes to Team Black and there will be something in a later version of this map that will credit him inside the map to tongue.gif

Attached Image
dont laugh at mah horrible drawn paint arrows that show the start positions XD

EDIT: Yes, I do know that there are civilians in places were they shouldn't be......this is caused by them getting pushed by the boundary.......if ya know what i mean XD I am afraid i dont know quite how to fix this.....though i do have some ideas.......

This post has been edited by Ixith: Jul 13 2007, 10:30 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Yelcraz_Island__2_3_.zip ( 335.06K ) Number of downloads: 332

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Team Black
post Jul 13 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123
Alliance: GDI

Totally wonderful map dance.gif
love the triggers XD

Using TS squared making the ingamers eh? tongue.gif

--------------------

ORCACommander
post Jul 14 2007, 02:40 AM
Post #3

SSM Launcher
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

just beautiful spotlight!

--------------------

Ixith
post Jul 14 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #4

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

sweet thanks guys for the comments. dance.gif
and yes i used TS: Squared to make ingamers.....its a VERY nice mod. I highly suggest playing it wink1.gif

anymore comments? preferably good ingame reviews wink1.gif

--------------------

Warlord
post Jul 14 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #5

Artillery
Group Icon

Member No.: 61

Downloaded.. Played.. And review smile.gif

Lighting 7/10: Brilliant lighting, but i thought more could be done with it but still very good! biggrin.gif
Gameplay 10/10: Well what can i say.. Awesome i'll leave it there..
Detailing 10/10: beautifull detailing
Build Space 9/10: Lots of room to build (the reason I included this was because i have trouble with creating enough buildspace on my maps wacko.gif )
Overall: 8.9

And i hereby declare.. SPOTLIGHT wink1.gif

This post has been edited by Warlord: Jul 17 2007, 09:14 PM

--------------------

Signature By Aro^

"So long as there are men, there will be wars." - Albert Einstein.

Flying Saucer..

Crash
post Jul 15 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

I played it! Time to review...

Detail: The detail level was nice, everything looks good. Another 10\10

Layout: The layout was cool, it was special. The cliff work, bridge work... all nice. 9\10

Lighting: Quite nice, I see you didn't add green light posts to some fields.. that is a minus. Looks dumb in my opinion. I also think you could have added Negative light posts all around the water instead of only by the caves 7\10

Balance: I see no balance issues.... 10\10

Triggers: Some nice cool trigger work there wink1.gif Quite nice expansion to the gameplay. Scrooge! 9\10

Overall: Somethings not in these catagories drag down.. 8.5\10

Misc:
-I didn't quite like the cities, some buildings were faced the wrong way and stuff.
-It's quite hard to figure out what to capture to expand the map... maybe middle map place it?

--------------------
Perfection can never be achieved; it's merely approachable.

Ixith
post Jul 16 2007, 03:22 AM
Post #7

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Crash-King @ Jul 15 2007, 05:45 PM) *
Layout: The layout was cool, it was special. The cliff work, bridge work... all nice. 9\10
Triggers: Some nice cool trigger work there wink1.gif Quite nice expansion to the gameplay. Scrooge! 9\10

what would have brought those scores up?

Lighting: Quite nice, I see you didn't add green light posts to some fields.. that is a minus. Looks dumb in my opinion. I also think you could have added Negative light posts all around the water instead of only by the caves 7\10
once again you bring that up....remember that IMO and quite a few others you don't want to put green lighting in EVERY tib field even if it has tib trees in it. If I would have done that in this map there would have been WAY too much green.

as for the negative light posts in the water thing.....i only added them around the water caves to give a little emphasis on those. If I would have put them throughout the water then 1)there wouldn't be any emphasis on the water caves 2)that would have been an extreme amount of negative lights. 3) Why make everything so similar? I wanted there to be differences to contrast and emphasis things as if all the water has negative lights it makes those few spots that does have it already less special. Get what i mean?

Somethings not in these catagories drag down.. 8.5\10
Misc:
-I didn't quite like the cities, some buildings were faced the wrong way and stuff.
-It's quite hard to figure out what to capture to expand the map... maybe middle map place it?

ok i take it that the things that don't fit in those categories are these 2 things? If thats not all of them then please say what else as I can't get better if you don't tell. wink1.gif

but to counter with my opinion roll.gif
1) show some examples of what you mean with the buildings facing the wrong way and "stuff" but personally since it is a 2d engine and you can't see all sides of the buildings you can't be 100% sure your looking at the front. wink1.gif
2)How is it hard to know what to capture that will expand the map? I mean......its the only structure that makes sense plus it is centered in that 4th area that the players can't just quickly access. Also why would I center it on the map? that would make it to easy to access plus it would make it seem like it has extreme importance. Which is not what is needed. The idea was to keep it in a place off the main portion of the map and in a place where you might actually see a thing like that.

and like Team Black said on MSN
QUOTE ("Close to What Team Black on MSN")
If theres a civilian Array on the map, you have to capture it XD

he said something like that roll.gif

--------------------

Wess
post Jul 16 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #8

Mapping God
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

looking good, i love the big preview.
gotta play this map, but not today tho its to hot atm.

--------------------
How do u expect to defeat me when your merely a mortal, and I am Forever!

Ixith
post Jul 17 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #9

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

lol thanks wess. i hope you like it when you play it!

anyways...any last comments anyone?

--------------------

Warlord
post Jul 21 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #10

Artillery
Group Icon

Hasn't this map been spotlighted yet?! blink.gif

--------------------

Signature By Aro^

Flying Saucer..

Wess
post Jul 21 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #11

Mapping God
Group Icon

Member No.: 30

well i played the map a few days ago, a negative comment that i have is build space its kinda small, but i'm seeing that in many detailed maps including my own happy.gif
and in some places your using to many spotlights to close to each other, a pain to the eyes.
but overall i like the map, i like it more then your last one. but that one had some weard triggers in it, i dont like triggers that mess with my gameplay, altho others will love it just for that.

spotlight thumbup.gif

--------------------
How do u expect to defeat me when your merely a mortal, and I am Forever!

Ixith
post Jul 21 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #12

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Wess @ Jul 21 2007, 08:32 AM) *
well i played the map a few days ago, a negative comment that i have is build space its kinda small, but i'm seeing that in many detailed maps including my own happy.gif
and in some places your using to many spotlights to close to each other, a pain to the eyes.
but overall i like the map, i like it more then your last one. but that one had some weard triggers in it, i dont like triggers that mess with my gameplay, altho others will love it just for that.
spotlight thumbup.gif

ahh yea i tend to do that with build space some mainly because i usually don't build huge bases and i also usually only play tech 9 which cuts a few buildings.
and yea i do tend to do that with the alpha light posts. (assuming you mean the alpha light posts) ill keep the thing about triggers in mind. I tend to forget every now and then about making it more of a nice addition for the players but not as something that hinders or affects the players. (though like you said some players do like that type of thing)
anyways thanks Wess and Warlord for replying again and promoting a spotlight smile.gif

--------------------

Warlord
post Jul 21 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #13

Artillery
Group Icon

I've played the map and i still vote for a spotlight, too bad the admins/mods are being a bit lazy not coming over to spotlight the map! mad.gif

I like the god hates you now trigger XD

BTW whats with the blue line on the map in FinalSun? Instead of being at the edge of the map its in the middle of it WTF? Oh well still spotlight though

This post has been edited by Warlord: Jul 21 2007, 11:42 PM

--------------------

Signature By Aro^

Flying Saucer..

Ixith
post Jul 22 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #14

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 21 2007, 07:40 PM) *
BTW whats with the blue line on the map in FinalSun? Instead of being at the edge of the map its in the middle of it WTF? Oh well still spotlight though

the blue line indicates the starting visible area for the map. which is how I used the expand trigger to expand the map size. As you saw when you played only the main island, Yelcraz Island itself wink1.gif, was visible but then when the CAARAY, the first one, is captured the map becomes bigger and includes the outside bits.
In other words you use the blue line to constrict your viewable area of the map, which then allows you to use a trigger to expand the map size provided you moved it a decent way from an edge to show. This is more useful in SP maps really. But I figured it would be a fun thing to use since I don't think iv seen a TS map with it before. This was actually somewhat of a pain to set up since the values are a bit weird in the trigger part.

--------------------

Warlord
post Jul 22 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #15

Artillery
Group Icon

And this STILL hasn't been spotlighted... Come over here and spotlight it mods. mad.gif

--------------------

Signature By Aro^

Flying Saucer..

Team Black
post Aug 15 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #16

Core Defender
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 123

I've recently been elected to put this stuff where it belongs

Spotlighted smile.gif

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:04 PM

XGhozt.com