post Apr 27 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 281
Alliance: CABAL
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

The Kodiak, GDI's mobile HQ as a voxel unit.

For this i made different versions.
The first is the attempt to come as close as possible to the shp version. It has the same remap positions (sorry the pic is in gdi only, But you can see them in the also added previous big version 2.0)
Ingame:Attached Image

This is another version with different/better remap positions.

And finally a very big version of the ship.

The zip with the vxl's:Attached File  LKOkodiak.zip ( 523.92K ) Number of downloads: 850

I've also added an older big version 2.0 to the zip, that had the same remap places like the shp version. This version had a little bit too wide main body, but that doesn't bothers in the big version i think.
Ingame of the big version 2.0:Attached Image

------------------------
There was already a quite extensive discussion on how this could be used ingame.
The result was that a deploy logic, to have it as a mobile hq, doesn't work.
An air strike special weapon would take a lot of work.
And finally this thing could only be used as some kind of a mission goal or special unit.

QUOTE (chielscape)
BTW, can aircraft have SHP landing/takeoff anims, with them still being SHP when on the ground outside the anims as a building?

to the first part yes. look at the landing ring animation of the dropship.
But after that i can't follow you. Maybe because english isn't my native language?

why "outside the anims as a building". that doesn't make any sense to me.
perhaps you refer to the deploy ability of units?

do you mean in simple words.
-voxel unit lands (the kodiak)
-deploys into shp
-shp makes landing animation (preferably very detailed with much dust and cool firing engines)
-shp is building with stand animation
-shp undeploys
-undeploy animation like takeof animation
-shp changes into voxel unit and the voxel unit starts moving around.

if it was this, what you meant then i would think yes, its surely possible. But due to the fact that deploy and undeploy animation have to be the same (cause it is a buildup-anim for buildings), this one has to fit in both cases.
e.g. if the unit lands and a dust-cloud flys away from the unit, it would fly to it while undeploying, and that would look weird.

QUOTE (chielscape)
thats exactly what i mean.
for the dust, make it circle around the Kodiak (only the direction will change then)

for the remap, the green parts

"Hint: these remap places are implemented in the alternate remap versions shown at the top."

QUOTE (chielscape)
QUOTE (skye6565)

that looks REALLY cool. maybe the deployed version gives you some kind of new ion cannon thing that is fired from the philidelphia but is targeted by a targeting system on the deployed kodiak? thatd be cool, and manageable. you can make it just seem like it is fired from the philedelphia by giving the deployed version turret=yes and give it a weapon that has an invisible projectile and its warhead has the ion cannon animation (maybe recolored or made larger) and perhaps has the cluster=x tag where x is the number of beams to be generated. also, it would have a range of about the nod artillery instead of an infinite range because thatd be overlyunbalanced if it didnt have a build limit. it is still REALLY cool!

you mean made smaller, it isnt a super weapon, y´know. i do like the idea of the weapon being an airstrike of some sort, (technically ion cannon is one too, as it comes out of the air) as it is THE mobile command station. though maybe the napalm airstrike would be cool for this. (would that be possible as a non-SW weapon?)

hey you guys have some really good ideas for the purpose of the kodiak. i thought quite long to find a good one and came only to the purpose of using it as a heavy carryall. Because TS doesn't give a lot of modding abilities to realise the mobile command station, like enhancing the armor/control or firepower of your own units within an area around the ship.

i like best the Napalm strike, since it is possible to do it as a special shp animation, where planes appear, fire bombs and then disappear.
the free ion strike would be to far out and to strong in my opinion.
as a third idea i think about giving it the drop pod ability, after deploying.
perhaps it is even possible to change the drop pod special weapon to a normal one, so the player can force-fire the kodiak on a point near the ship where drop pods in a certain interval land a bring in troops. so it isn't a super weapon that can be placed all over the map.

/EDIT
i testet to make an aircraft deployable and came to the poor result, that it is impossible. in no case the aircraft could have been deployed. not even the deploy cursor appeared on the unit. i tried it with a primary weapon, without, with carryall=yes and =no, with isdropship=yes and =no
and nothing worked
i also tried to give the kodiak-unit the Droppod superweapon, but nothing happened. the superweapon doesn't appeared in the menu.
so i think it's at least only possible to give it the napalm attack. But for that it has to fly, or does anybody knows how to force an aircraft to land before it can fire?
/END_EDIT

i also noticed too, the fact that my version doesn't come that close to the shp version cause my is a little bit wider.
so i made it once again and here is the result. i think this time the details on the front part are better to be seen too.

to the remap locations: i think i let them there so it fits to the shp. perhaps i make a second version with the other/better remap locations.

QUOTE (Darentei)
Whoa. That remains my response.

I wonder if you could make the building undeploy into the Kodiak? Well, it would look stupid landing on a helipad, that's for sure...
And if it is possible, will the build limit remain =1? Maybe using the Isticktank=yes (I think that's the name) logic? I'm pretty sure that would do it...

Well this is something I have to test... I guess it is impossible though... I never succeeded making the Core Defenders build limit 1 without having it build directly from the war factory...

Anyways, good job! Yet anther thing I always wanted.

i didn't tested the ticktank=yes thing too and i also forgot to test if deploytofire=yes would help to force the unit to deploy.

like chielscape wished here the normal sized kodiak with new remap parts and the BIG version.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Apr 27 2007, 12:20 PM

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 AM

XGhozt.com