> Messing with Text, That little ini file
mg1999
post Jan 22 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Grenadier
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,235

Okay, so I'm trying to add my own text to TSFS. I Got XCC Mixer and successfully extracted the tutorial.ini. I added one line and saved the extracted file to the Sun directory. As a test I went into FinalSun and saw that the line I added was there. So I selected it as my action, all of my triggers are correct, and when I play the mission, the text does not show up but the audio does play. Is there a way to like replace the tutorial.ini in the expand01.mix with the tutorial.ini I extracted and saved in the Sun directory? Am I doing this right, learning as I go.
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Ixith
post Jan 23 2011, 12:45 AM
Post #2

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

Anything you have saved in your Sun directory that's the same name as something in the MIX files should over rule what's in the mix files. Thus your problem probably actually lies in your FSData.ini for your finalsun. I do believe you need to update that with the fixed up version for it to correctly do text triggers if you have not already found and updated it.

--------------------

mg1999
post Jan 23 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #3

Grenadier
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ixith @ Jan 23 2011, 12:45 AM) *
Anything you have saved in your Sun directory that's the same name as something in the MIX files should over rule what's in the mix files. Thus your problem probably actually lies in your FSData.ini for your finalsun. I do believe you need to update that with the fixed up version for it to correctly do text triggers if you have not already found and updated it.

Where do I go to do that and how? Just replace the file with the newer version? I'm currently running the version of C&C TS that you can now DL for free from there website.

Ixith
post Jan 23 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

The FSData.ini is a part of Final Sun. Not the game. It tells Final Sun what to do with the various game elements and tools available inside Finalsun.

You can find an updated version of the FSData.ini Here in the topic Mapping Tools. That should be a good updated version of it in that list of Mapping Tools. Once you have that, just put it wherever your finalsun is and overwrite your old FSData.ini and then open up your map in Finalsun and re-try your text trigger. It should work.

--------------------

mg1999
post Jan 23 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #5

Grenadier
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ixith @ Jan 23 2011, 08:43 PM) *
The FSData.ini is a part of Final Sun. Not the game. It tells Final Sun what to do with the various game elements and tools available inside Finalsun.

You can find an updated version of the FSData.ini Here in the topic Mapping Tools. That should be a good updated version of it in that list of Mapping Tools. Once you have that, just put it wherever your finalsun is and overwrite your old FSData.ini and then open up your map in Finalsun and re-try your text trigger. It should work.

Ah I gotcha, thanks it worked like a charm. I actually had to input one more line of text to make the previous text display. Thank you much.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 AM

XGhozt.com