post Mar 27 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

This thread will be used for suggestions that you may have!

I am going to guess that most of the suggestions that show up here will be ideas for new missions. Of course any kind of suggestion is welcomed! smile.gif

So let me hear them!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post
Scorch
post Mar 27 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Commando
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,092
Alliance: GDI

I saw you didn't have any of the Forgotten missions, so I may have one.

Name: Freedom Fighters.

Mission: You are a mutant leader and you have just learned Nod is abducting your people to experiment on them. Earlier in time Nod had already taken control of the city, so you must find supporters and try to pursuade the civilian population to take back the city with you. After that objective is complete you must lead an attack on a Nod prison to rescue the remains of your people who were captured.

Just an idea though. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Scorch: Mar 27 2008, 07:56 PM

ShDwBoRn
post Mar 27 2008, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Attack Cycle
Group Icon

From: I'm in a cardboard box on the dark side of jupiters third moon eating cold canned soup.
Member No.: 141

The forgotten could stage a quick in and out assault on a large NOD base to destroy their power plants so that they can get past a second smaller base (with lots of obelisks) somewhere else in the map in order to seize a convoy that has stopped to refuel. the could convoy could contain weapons or supplies

--------------------
]

Ixith
post Mar 28 2008, 02:37 AM
Post #4

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Thanks for the ideas guys! I will probably use them, though it may be awhile before you see those pop-up into the Mutant Hideout section. Although I may actually draw up some concept layouts just for the hell of it. XD

Keep the suggestions coming guys! The more suggestions the better!

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Mar 29 2008, 02:26 AM
Post #5

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 281
Alliance: CABAL

idea a: similar to the firestorm cabal mission where you used intoxicated civilians to attack a gdi base with mutants following them, my idea is, to have in this mission a mutant animal trainer that collects Visceroids, Jellyfishes and Tiberian Fiends which are wandering around. With these you have to attack and take over a small Nod base. From there you start your final attack to a bigger Nod base.

idea b: a bridge bombing mission where you have to destroy bridges before the enemy can bring in reinforcements over them. Maybe even triggered in a way, so that the bridges don't explode until the enemy is on them (just some more eye candy).

idea c: you start with 5 stealthed Mutant Hijackern next to a big battle taking place between Nod and GDI. During this battle you have to take over some of the units (also an mcv that just lands by a dropship and has the GDI base as its goal) and build up a base in a hidden area. Both GDI and Nod are hostile towards the player, but the mission goal is to destroy Nod before the whole GDI base is destroyed. (so you have to protect GDI, even if they probably attack you)
Maybe you can add some trigger, that make GDI more and more allied to the player, dependent on the amount of Nod units and buildings destroyed.
1. your units attack GDI
2. your units avoid attacking GDI
3. GDI doesn't attacks the player anymore
4. GDI is a complete ally
However, GDI can also become hostile again, if too much buildings are destroyed.
Nod should get in this mission a much bigger base than GDI.
-the difficulty is to get the gdi mcv before it can reach the gdi base. But if it gets there it deploys and rebuilds/enhances the slightly damaged base. The player has to find then an alternative for the gdi mcv (maybe a well hidden nod mcv). But on the other side the gdi base gets much stronger with the mcv. So the player has to decide if he wants a strong gdi base and a hard to get mcv, or a weak gdi and an easy to get mcv.
-the 4th stage of the alliance part can only be achieved, if the gdi mcv hasn't been stolen.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Mar 29 2008, 02:32 AM

--------------------
Co-Leader of Twisted Insurrection
my public units for you
Nod units:____________________________GDI units:
Nod Scorpion__________________________GDI 3A Kodiak
Nod Tachyon Tank______________________GDI Medusa (Triple Cannon Mech)
Nod Goliath___________________________GDI Behemoth (medium size Mech)
Nod Cobra (fast medium mech)__________GDI Battleship Aurora
Nod Siegebot (light MG-Mech)__________GDI Fortress Tower (Heavy Base Defense)
Nod Redeemer (4 legged heavy Cyborg)__GDI Triton (Titan support Mech)
Nod/Scrin WotW Tripod_________________GDI Exciter
______________________________________GDI Ion Charge Collector
Misc and Fun units:
X-Mech Calendar 28 SHP Units
Star Wars Mechs ATAT/ATST
Cyborg Barrack on PPM_________________Mech Factory
Mutant Tiberium Flyer
yt1300 (Millenium Falcon + BIG version)

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

KingByng
post Mar 29 2008, 03:07 AM
Post #6

Cyborg
Group Icon

Member No.: 869

My idea: You are the commander of the mutant community in a city in Kyrgyzstan. Nod recently took control of the area, and you know that they will soon round your people up for experimentation elsewhere. You realize that you need to get your people out of their. Luckily, there is a small bullet train that leads directly to Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan. Nod has yet to take control of the train station, and so your objective is to get your people to the train before Nod takes the station.

Luckily, you discover Nods weak spot; the bridge. A fast moving river cuts through the centre of town (flowing north-south), and only one bridge survived Nods bombardment of the area. When Nod proceeded to take the town, they set up two bases; a large one in the west and a small one in the east. The large base has no access to Tiberium, so they rely heavily on their eastern base. The city had managed to keep the Tiberium in an isolated spot on the east edge of town, so that is where Nods eastern supply base is located. The train station is also located in the eastern half of town, but a fair distance from the Nod base.

My idea is, as convoys of truck-loaded tiberium cross that lone bridge, you need to use your mutant force wisely to destroy the convoy and collect the money crates they drop. You'd need to destroy 10 or so convoys before you had enough money to take the train out of the city and into the safety of the GDI-held capital city. Once you collect enough money you'd need to blow the bridge and rush for the train. To win, you need your 5 mutant civies to get to the train with about 10 000 credits.

You'd only start with 10 mutant soldiers, plus a Ghost Stalker and about 5 plain old unarmed mutants and a mutant hijacker. Now, I'm not sure on something, so:

Option 1: You need to keep your Ghost Stalker alive until you have enough credits and use him to blow the bridge. Since just having him plant C4 in the bridge repair hut, a trigger would be necessary to take out the bridge. If that doesn't work...

Option 2: A Stealth tank rolls by with the last convoy, use your hijacker to take it and destroy the bridge.

The convoys should only come with one or two buggies and/or attack cycles. Stealth tank for the last one. It should be impossible to get near the large Nod base, as it is heavily defended and the streets near it are well patrolled by tanks and infantry. When you take out the bridge, alarms should sound in both Nod bases, with a load of Cyborgs, buggies and Devil's Tongues leaving that base to secure the bridge. If one unit from the convoy makes it to the large base, it should send units to investigate. Periodically, as the frontlines are nearby, a lone GDI bomber or a pack of Wolverines/Titans comes through to harass the smaller Nod base and Nod patrols. The convoys should be the loaded trucks, and they drop money crates when destroyed. 1 - 3 trucks per convoy.

Whew that was a lot of typing, my original idea just started to blossom into that.

I hope you take it into consideration.

The End

?

(I'm tired)

--------------------

Ixith
post Mar 29 2008, 06:34 PM
Post #7

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Some great suggestions guys!

QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Mar 28 2008, 10:26 PM) *
idea a: similar to the firestorm cabal mission where you used intoxicated civilians to attack a gdi base with mutants following them, my idea is, to have in this mission a mutant animal trainer that collects Visceroids, Jellyfishes and Tiberian Fiends which are wandering around. With these you have to attack and take over a small Nod base. From there you start your final attack to a bigger Nod base.

Ok this should be fairly easy to do actually. You start out with a small group of Mutants from a mutant village. One of which is the trainer guy. You go around finding tib. creatures and bring them back to the village's pin or something. Then once you have found all of the tib. creatures you can start the attack on the small Nod base. From there I might add in something else...not sure. Find help from another mutant village somewhere else on the map.

idea b: a bridge bombing mission where you have to destroy bridges before the enemy can bring in reinforcements over them. Maybe even triggered in a way, so that the bridges don't explode until the enemy is on them (just some more eye candy).

Hmm a great idea. Though are you thinking this to be a GDI, Nod, or Forgotten mission? As my idea on how to implement this mission changes with each side. GDI=OrcaBombers to take out bridges. Nod=Cargo trucks loaded with explosives. Forgotten=Ghost Stalker and C4 (and would be the best way to set up having the bridges blow up while the enemies are on them)

idea c: you start with 5 stealthed Mutant Hijackern next to a big battle taking place between Nod and GDI. During this battle you have to take over some of the units (also an mcv that just lands by a dropship and has the GDI base as its goal) and build up a base in a hidden area. Both GDI and Nod are hostile towards the player, but the mission goal is to destroy Nod before the whole GDI base is destroyed. (so you have to protect GDI, even if they probably attack you)
Maybe you can add some trigger, that make GDI more and more allied to the player, dependent on the amount of Nod units and buildings destroyed.
1. your units attack GDI
2. your units avoid attacking GDI
3. GDI doesn't attacks the player anymore
4. GDI is a complete ally
However, GDI can also become hostile again, if too much buildings are destroyed.
Nod should get in this mission a much bigger base than GDI.
-the difficulty is to get the gdi mcv before it can reach the gdi base. But if it gets there it deploys and rebuilds/enhances the slightly damaged base. The player has to find then an alternative for the gdi mcv (maybe a well hidden nod mcv). But on the other side the gdi base gets much stronger with the mcv. So the player has to decide if he wants a strong gdi base and a hard to get mcv, or a weak gdi and an easy to get mcv.
-the 4th stage of the alliance part can only be achieved, if the gdi mcv hasn't been stolen.

Love the idea. Possibly hard to pull off though. But I love it and will try it. I see the easiest way to do the thing with GDI is by using a set of locals. I have a fairly good idea on what I want this map to look like kinda to. smile.gif (though layout is the easy part)

As for BlackieChan's suggestion. I like it. A lot of reading but I like it. My only hopes is that the event "12 Credits exceed..." actually works...I don't know yet as I have never used it. But if it works then this mission is a go. As for the convoy trucks. I'm thinking 2 trucks per thing. And a total of 8 convoys. Money crates will hold 1000 therefore you need to get 10 of the 16 trucks. This being because you need to evacuate before the next day and they only have 8 convoys per day. smile.gif I think I would use option 1 about the bridge thingie. I just like the Ghost Stalker. Also. I think each convoy should get harder and harder to get. As I mean...Nod would start to suspect something is up if their convoys didn't make it all the way. I have an idea on how to make each convoy get more protected after each time you attack them. smile.gif

Anyways thanks again guys for the suggestions. If you have anymore let me know!

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Mar 29 2008, 11:58 PM
Post #8

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ixith @ Mar 29 2008, 07:34 PM) *
Hmm a great idea. Though are you thinking this to be a GDI, Nod, or Forgotten mission?
this is up to you. It's just a small idea that i thought you could put in any mission that still lacks something special. You could also make it so, that you have to destroy a dam that causes the destruction of all bridges along the river.

Some other small ideas you can put in any map.
1. a capturable Dam to give a base or civil radar array enough power for the further mission goals.
2. a massive gdi air invasion on one of 2 Nod bases using many dropships, carryalls and orca transports as well as bombers to take out the base defense. Something really colossal if you know what i mean.

a mission where you have a quite big GDI base but no access to a tiberium field. You have only few credits left (ca 1500) and most of the buildings are already damaged. The base has 1 big and 2-3 small entrances. In front of each entrance, Nod placed several ticktanks, cyborgs and other units, so you can't get out. Your goal is to bring an engineer to a civil radar array, because your radar has been destroyed. Once you established a connection to the GDI network with the radar array, you get in a certain interval support via orca transports and dropships.
However these troops aren't enough to break the blockade from Nod, so you have to find a way to come to credits.
One way could be to take over a mutant outpost having its own refinery, but then the mutants attack you too. The other way is to help the mutants by sending 5 medics to a hospital where many ill mutants and civilists wait for help. The problem is that Nod uses the hospital for tiberium experiments, so it is well defended by many Cyborgs a laser fence and even an obelisk. In addition do every certain interval new Cyborgs spawn next to the hospital.

a Nod assimilation mission, where you start with 2 reaper and 3 cyborgs. With these you have to capture (use the reaper web) civilians. Then you have to place your cyborgs next to the webbed civilians and they change into new cyborgs. (similar to the cyborg facility destruction mission from FS where huey caused reaper and cyborgs to change the side after they are hit by a weapon)
To make this work you could make a special side for the cyborgs that is allied with the civilians, so they don't shoot at them.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Mar 30 2008, 12:14 AM

--------------------
my public units for you
Misc and Fun units:
Mutant Tiberium Flyer

if you use my units in your mod, please credit me.if you want to use my units on your website please ask me before.

Ixith
post Mar 31 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #9

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lin Kuei Ominae @ Mar 29 2008, 07:58 PM) *
this is up to you. It's just a small idea that i thought you could put in any mission that still lacks something special. You could also make it so, that you have to destroy a dam that causes the destruction of all bridges along the river.

Well I might have a mission for each that has some kind of objective for destroying the bridge. I also like that dam idea. My only regret with using it though is that the water level won't actually look like it's rising. But other than that I like the idea behind it especially for low bridges.

Some other small ideas you can put in any map.
1. a capturable Dam to give a base or civil radar array enough power for the further mission goals.
2. a massive gdi air invasion on one of 2 Nod bases using many dropships, carryalls and orca transports as well as bombers to take out the base defense. Something really colossal if you know what i mean.

Again nice little snippet ideas. I have thought about doing a capturable dam or at least a base which has a dam that powers it. However, a massive air invasion by GDI would be a neat little thing to implement on a map...though a lot of triggering would be done lol.

a mission where you have a quite big GDI base but no access to a tiberium field. You have only few credits left (ca 1500) and most of the buildings are already damaged. The base has 1 big and 2-3 small entrances. In front of each entrance, Nod placed several ticktanks, cyborgs and other units, so you can't get out. Your goal is to bring an engineer to a civil radar array, because your radar has been destroyed. Once you established a connection to the GDI network with the radar array, you get in a certain interval support via orca transports and dropships.
However these troops aren't enough to break the blockade from Nod, so you have to find a way to come to credits.
One way could be to take over a mutant outpost having its own refinery, but then the mutants attack you too. The other way is to help the mutants by sending 5 medics to a hospital where many ill mutants and civilists wait for help. The problem is that Nod uses the hospital for tiberium experiments, so it is well defended by many Cyborgs a laser fence and even an obelisk. In addition do every certain interval new Cyborgs spawn next to the hospital.

This mission reminds me of the one TD: Covert Ops. mission in which GDI has Nod pinned and there are 3 entrances to the Nod base. GDI would keep using an Air strike and an ion cannon strike until your base was destroyed unless you pushed through one side and managed to go harvest the tiberium in the south. But to push through was no easy matter from what I remember. Provided...once you knew what you were doing it was an easy mission lol.

A definite add to the list of to do maps though.

a Nod assimilation mission, where you start with 2 reaper and 3 cyborgs. With these you have to capture (use the reaper web) civilians. Then you have to place your cyborgs next to the webbed civilians and they change into new cyborgs. (similar to the cyborg facility destruction mission from FS where huey caused reaper and cyborgs to change the side after they are hit by a weapon)
To make this work you could make a special side for the cyborgs that is allied with the civilians, so they don't shoot at them.

Hmm an interesting idea. Though...I am not sure exactly how I will have to go about the changing from civilian to cyborg trigger wise yet. I guess I will have to look at that mission your referred to.

Perhaps I should also include some CABAL missions?

Again...thanks for all the ideas. lol

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Mar 31 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #10

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ixith @ Mar 31 2008, 02:14 AM) *
Hmm an interesting idea. Though...I am not sure exactly how I will have to go about the changing from civilian to cyborg trigger wise yet. I guess I will have to look at that mission your referred to.

or you give the player an assimilation plant and send everytime a subapc to the webbed civilians (subapc is not under playercontrol). Then you let the civilians enter the apc, that brings them to the assimilation plant where new cyborgs spawn for the player.
(maybe it helps if you look at the toxin mission with the mutants, where the civilians changed the side after they got hit by the toxin soldier)

btw, you could name this mission then "We are Borg" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ixith @ Mar 31 2008, 02:14 AM) *
Perhaps I should also include some CABAL missions?

that depends on your global story. If Cabal is a separate side or still works together with Nod.
Imo, GDI, Nod and some Forgotten missions are enough for now.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: Mar 31 2008, 10:22 AM

--------------------
my public units for you
Misc and Fun units:
Mutant Tiberium Flyer

Scorch
post Apr 1 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #11

Commando
Group Icon

I don't know, but I thought maybe you'd like this vid, and maybe you'd let me make a promotional video with this in it. Although the vid may not look too good, it will with the stuff I have been putting together for something else.I'm not sure I want to show it though, as it is something private for now.

Anyway, just check it out.Attached File  Picture_018.mov ( 3.08MB ) Number of downloads: 16

It's a quick vid my dad took while he was in Airborne, but that was before he got a bad back and couldn't jump anymore.

I have another vid of my dad's division in Iraq, which was the Big Red One, but it's taking too long to upload, sorry.

This post has been edited by Scorch: Apr 1 2008, 11:37 PM

Ixith
post Apr 2 2008, 03:01 AM
Post #12

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

QUOTE (Scorch @ Apr 1 2008, 07:10 PM) *
I don't know, but I thought maybe you'd like this vid, and maybe you'd let me make a promotional video with this in it. Although the vid may not look too good, it will with the stuff I have been putting together for something else.I'm not sure I want to show it though, as it is something private for now.

I encourage all fans/people who may be interested in this project that would like to make promotional things for TS:CO to do so. So yes, you may make a promotional video with that if you so wish to do so. smile.gif
If you do make it. Please, if you don't mind, post up a link to the promotional video or post it in a new thread in the TS:CO forums here so we can all see it when it's done.

The more promotional things like signature banners, videos and what not, the more people might get interested in this project of mine. So they are a go!

--------------------

Scorch
post Apr 2 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #13

Commando
Group Icon

Yeah, sweet thanks. And you're welcome?

Lin Kuei Ominae
post Apr 4 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #14

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

I've a new idea.
How about recreating FMV's ingame while playing the FMV in the radar?
You could try to make a point on a map look like in an FMV (e.g. the Wolverine/Titan/Jugger attack on a Nod Base) and then have the same units like in the movie doing the same things.
I think this could give these missions something very special if you see a real connection between the FMVs and the ingame action.

However, i'm not sure if you can play the mission description movies in the radar too or if they made special smaller movies for the radar screen.

--------------------
my public units for you
Misc and Fun units:
Mutant Tiberium Flyer

Ixith
post Apr 4 2008, 07:51 PM
Post #15

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

Hmm...I'll look into that LKO. If the movies can show up in the radar screen then I think that would be pretty neat. Though the ingame wouldn't go as fast as the movies or so I would think and so they wouldn't really be synchronized with each other most likely. confused.gif

--------------------

KingByng
post Apr 25 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #16

Cyborg
Group Icon

I have a new idea, and it can work for both GDI or Nod. The other side had launched a large attack on your base. While you managed to push back their attack, they destroyed your power supply, refinery, construction yard, war factory, and radar, and all you have is some (like 5) full silos and a barracks, along with your remaining defence force and a harvester that managed to survive. The enemy had set up several outposts, far from the main base. You need to capture these outposts in order to make an effective defence in case the enemy attacks again before reinforcements arrive/evacuations can proceed safely. Each outpost would have only a few buildings with specific jobs, like one outpost is near a tiberium field and has a refinery and some silos, another just has a radar and some power plants, one with a few barracks, etc. You would need to capture a specific amount of each building to complete the mission (say 5 power plants, 1 radar, 2 barracks, a con yard and a war factory). At first, the outpost would be hardly defended, as the enemy thinks you to be defeated, but every time you capture an outpost, the remaining ones become better defended. There ought to be a benefit for each outpost, like capturing the refinery brings in 10 000 credits, capturing the radar reveals the remaining outposts, etc. The outposts should be far apart, with some easy to find, but others hidden and difficult to locate (like the barracks are near a road, radar is hidden in the mountains in a corner). It can be timed, to add pressure, but I think that if it is, it should be a big countdown (3 hours, like in Nod's last TS mission).

This post has been edited by BlackieChan: Apr 25 2008, 12:27 AM

--------------------

Ixith
post Apr 26 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #17

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

hmm I like basic screwed from the get go idea. I also like the fact that you would need to take small outposts of your enemy to fight back. I may use this idea with some changes or additions of course. Though don't expect much for awhile because I am somewhat stacked with school work and have track practices and meets to do. Plus I really ought to get a job. So time is obviously quite limited. confused.gif

--------------------

KingByng
post Apr 26 2008, 01:36 AM
Post #18

Cyborg
Group Icon

I've got patience, I'm just glad you haven't given up on TS:CO and actually like my ideas. smile.gif

--------------------

Lin Kuei Ominae
post May 13 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #19

Stealth Tank
Group Icon

treasure run
player side: mutant
a huge map, maybe even 200x200, where you have to find on several well hidden places some money crates. The map could have a big desert and water areas so you don't have to work too much on this map, but the player has really some work to find the treasures.
You could also slightly describe the treasure places in the mission description like: go to the scorpion in the sand (a scorpion shaped hill) and follow the pearls (maybe some small round stones). like this you know.
The enemy could be some Nod banshees patrolling over the map and then fly back to an airbase in the mountains.
Maybe give this hidden base a tunnel entrance through which the player units have to enter the base and take over some of the helipads. Maybe also one with an orca transporter, so they can leave the map.

This post has been edited by Lin Kuei Ominae: May 15 2008, 12:24 PM

--------------------
my public units for you
Misc and Fun units:
Mutant Tiberium Flyer

Crash
post May 18 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #20

Ghost Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 173

No offence to your idea, but I think making a 200x200 map is something that won't happen. I for one don't have the patience to that I think tongue.gif

--------------------
Perfection can never be achieved; it's merely approachable.

Ixith
post May 22 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #21

Cyborg Reaper
Group Icon

I like your newer mission idea there LKO. Though I also think Crashking is a bit right that a 200X200 might be a bit big even for that mission style. Yet I feel if I am to make a mission like that it will be fairly big still...at least a 120X120 perhaps...

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 PM

XGhozt.com