IntoTheRain
post Sep 9 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Technician
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629

Hello.

I recently reinstalled the game and played through the campaigns for nostalgia's sake. (its probably been at least 8 years) I'm kinda thinking about checking out online play if there is still an active group. I just had a few questions.

1) Is the game generally considered balanced? The latest version seems alright, (especially compared to 1.0) but I want to be sure there isn't something I am unaware of.

2) Are any of the mods designed for competitive play, or are they mostly single player oriented? I have tried a few, and most of them just turn the game into a giant mess of 500 units, several of which are usually terribly balanced. (pinpoint accuracy high powered artillery anyone?)

3) Are there any mods that make the AI half way decent? You can't execute rushes on them, you can't tech evenly with them, and yet...its completely hopeless at actually attacking. (or defending itself late game..)

4) Additionally, is there any mod that works on improving unit AI? Because some of it makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Jump troopers landing when units that can shoot ground are still right next to them, or units not automatically attacking enemy buildings unless specifically ordered is especially frustrating when your trying to manage several things at once.

4) And finally, are there any mods that help out with the outdated interface. Trying to scroll through 30 units to find the one your looking for is a pain. Is there a way to make the pics smaller so you can increase the number of units visible? Is there a way to force the game to sort the unit types out? I.E. all infantry/all vehicles/all aircraft/other abilities regardless of when they become available as tech options?

It does look like there are a lot of people here who still enjoy the game. So at least the game has an active (if small) community. I'm kinda hoping that either multiplayer or a well designed mod can keep my interest.
Go to the top of the page

: | +Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
IntoTheRain
post Sep 27 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #2

Technician
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,629

I'd like that a lot Ramp. Unfortunately I am getting completely run over by school right now and don't have time to get on..well ever at this point. Hopefully after this week I should be done with my first round of tests and it should calm down again.

I can try and get on more in the mornings to see if your on, but it will probably be a few more days.

Rampastring
post Sep 28 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #3

Tick Tank
Group Icon

Member No.: 957
Alliance: Nod
Favorite game: Tiberian Sun

QUOTE (IntoTheRain @ Sep 27 2009, 11:21 PM) *
I'd like that a lot Ramp. Unfortunately I am getting completely run over by school right now and don't have time to get on..well ever at this point. Hopefully after this week I should be done with my first round of tests and it should calm down again.

Well, I also a few tests/exams in the upcoming weeks, so I'm online quite rarely even during the evenings.

However, after about 2 weeks we're going to have autumn holidays, which last for one week. And I'd love to play some matches during the holidays (I'm going to stay home the entire holiday.. although I'm going to have a small LAN party which will last only for two days, so it wouldn't be a problem).
QUOTE (IntoTheRain @ Sep 27 2009, 11:21 PM) *
I can try and get on more in the mornings to see if your on, but it will probably be a few more days.

During the normal week (Monday to Friday) evenings are the only suitable times, so you should get online during the afternoons (and I assume that you're at school then?). If you get online at morning it's afternoon for me and then I'm at school confused.gif

If you get online during the weekends at the morning, it would be afternoon for me and it would be a suitable time.

Yay, I'm a cyborg now smile.gif
Btw, do you live on the eastern or western states of the US, as far as I know the time difference between the western and the eastern coast is about 2 hours (knowing this would make choosing a suitable time easier).

I see that you were on Xfire last night (at least your post above has been posted at 11:21 PM for me), you got on just a bit after I logged off.. but I can't stay at the PC for longer than 11:00 PM (and I usually log off around 10:00 PM). If you could get online a hour or two earlier someday we could play.

This post has been edited by ^Rampastein: Sep 28 2009, 01:14 PM

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:49 AM

XGhozt.com